Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Timeus Kiwisport: 'Boxing' Reflection Term 3 2018


Image result for boxing logo

Hi, My name is Timeus and today I am going to be talking about my reflection about my Kiwisport time with our Coach which her name is Pats. What we did is that we were planned to go to Kiwisport which is boxing at the hall at our school. We came into that hall and we saw a woman that was by the name as Coach Pats, Sorry if I didn't pronounced the name right by that was our coach that we were doing for boxing.

What I notice from inside the hall that we came in is that the carpets were new this time because before then the whole carpet of the hall were red and it was like it never existed but now they renovated the floor and the wall a little bit which is much more detailed then I had expected, So our instructor asks us what is boxing and how it works but then she ask us what are the 3 or 4 elements of boxing. The first one she meant was about showing respect, I think that this is a very good element of boxing to know all about because when you are in the gym you have to show respect to your pers and also to each other around you so that you are not causing trouble when you are causing trouble to them. Then the next one is Discipline and this is a important one as well but at the same time it is all about not giving up and also just listening to what you coach has to say to you and the last one which is one of the most important thing which is Safety.

I reckon that people like around the world should know this rule by now because it is all about respecting the equipment and also other people around you and including the obstacles as well, So that what we are learning for today and now we were ready to put our boxing gloves on, Before we did that we had to get into a line from shortest to tallest of the class in order so that we know that which gloves fit which person in the line.

After we did that, We had to get into a line of two and we were able to listen to the instructor without doing anything necessary and so we listen. What we were doing is that we were standing in a rock position when in boxing so that you won't lose balance, This is really easy for me to do because it will help to straight my core inside my own body and also just to prepared for an attack on the enemy.

We were learning how to punch with a jab and also with the cross-arm, I found those punches very interesting because it will help me to understand what I would do to a person that will harm me.

That is all for today and I hope you enjoyed this blog post
Please leave comments on my blog.
Many Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment