Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Timeus Tokelau Language Week: Greetings in Tokelau Reflection

Image result for Tokelau


IALA: The different Greetings in Tokelau Language.
Hi, My name is Timeus and today I am going to be talking about my reflection about an island called Tokelau. This week we are celebrating Tokelau Language Week and I am so excited to be learning with you guys the tradition of Tokelau Language. The island is based in the South Pacific Island which includes other islands in the region like Tonga, Fiji, Cook island and many other more.

So in this blog, I am going to be talking about the Greetings in Tokelau Language, Some of the greetings in the Tokelau Language could be the same than the other languages in this language.

The first Greeting you say to a person which is when it is your first time knowing the greeting is Malo Ni. This greeting means in English "Greetings Hello!. When you are meeting a person that is a tokelau person then you say to them in greeting and also you could say the same word greeting for just Malo Ni, you could say Talofa as well.

After when you en your conversation, you can end the talk with a farewell/goodbye greeting.

That is all of today and I hope you enjoyed this blog post
Please leave comments on my blog
Many Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment