Pages

Friday 23 November 2018

Timeus Designed for Good Reflection

Related image
WALT:Analyse Information from the Text. 

Hi, my name is Timeus and today I am going to be talking about my reflection about my work that I am going to be talking about which it is called 'Designed for Good. The reason why I am going to be talking about this is because I have been learning something from it and it was really interesting to know.

So what I read about was a book called 'Designed for Good' and the book was about three Developers of a pest trap were make a trap to kill any possums that are within the area using the lethal method that they choose for there trap. If they made a non-lethal trap then the trap would actually use a different to either put them to sleep.

In new zealand, there are over 900 species that are snails living in litter trees and the only animals that are still living in new zealand are Kiwis, Otters and Possums. Possums are a problem to the new zealand people because Possums eat little baby eggs for protein and also eat the leaves out of the trees so that they can last longer without having to find some other food.

What do we mean by the native Bush?
So the native bush is a place where back in 19.000bc, there were beautiful landmarks and people were settle in the bushes for better shelter and able to find a place where they can always find food somewhere in the native bushes.

This question I wanted to ask myself is 'Is it important to look after the bush?' and I think that it is really important to look after the native bush because I think that the native bush has a lot of history of the native bush. So I think that it is really important to look after the native bush.

Which animals species were introduced to New Zealand?
Firstly, the possums were the most dangerous living animals in new zealand and the reason for that is because the possums again like to eat the eggs that are laid by there mother at a nearby nest which it might happen to other nest if they were to be come extinct.

Why they were to be brought here in New Zealand?
Well, The reason why the animals were brought to New Zealand is because they wanted the animals to start somewhere where things would be more safer than some other countries around the globe.

When did the damage begin?
So the damage began when the animals such as the otters and possums were coming into our land and started to kill the trees by eating the leaves of the trees and also they also eat the other species that were in the bushes, trees and other more places that they can find as well, and the otters do the same but when they are finish with there scavenging then they are really fast to escape away from there scene at any means necessary.

Why are stoats especially dangerous?
The stoats are really fast that when they are catching a predator, they can catch on in just a second by the time the insect or something is trying to get away from the stoat.

Do we value some animals more than others?
I don't think that we need to value more animals to new zealand because I think that it will bring more danger to the new zealand animals and it makes it harder for the people to catch on of the predators or discover new animals.

That is all for today and one thing I would like to say for this is that I think that it is really important to have pest traps placed around the environment because it is to help the people that is being protected by others and also the animals.

That is all for today and I hope you enjoyed this blog post
Please leave comments on my blog
Many Thanks!
😀😀😀😀😀

No comments:

Post a Comment